After that we enjoyed a nice mexican meal with them as our "final feast" before they head back to California and enjoy their beautiful weather in Merced. It's been a nice visit these past two months, it's nice to be able to call mom up and say "lets get together"!
I've just finished up spring break from the students at school. I had the first week off and had to work the second week. It was a joke going back to work, I had no classroom - they were replacing air conditioning pipes and I wasn't allowed in - the computers didn't work every day and the front office air never worked until Friday morning! Terrible. I did get some things done, but not nearly as much as I had expected. Now for the final 9 weeks of school. Yeehaa.
The next 9 weeks...wow. The changes that will bring.
The first thing it does is bring a big smile to my face. Tiffany is graduating from college. Raising our girls, there were a few things that just never budged with Bob and I - one was the girls getting a college education. It was never, ever, ever, an option not to go to college and graduate. We were extremely lucky that life didn't pose obstacles from getting that accomplished. It could have in a heartbeat. It happens to so many - I see it everyday at school. The plans are there, but life happens and things must change. We are so proud of Tiffany (and Kyle) and know that the future is bright for them and it's time to go out there and take on whatever comes their way!
The next thing - the move. Darn it all. I get it totally - I wouldn't ask for them to do anything else. She met her prince and he has an outstanding offer of a job in Boston. Of course they must go. Shoot! We have such a good time with them and it will be a huge adjustment not to have them around. But, just like with Jenni & Justin, the phone lines will be busy, skype - thank goodness it's free, and we have these things called airplanes that I will be investing heavily in. The way I figure it, I have a two week vacation every 9 weeks and I will just be spending much of that time visiting my family and hopefully they visiting us when possible.
The expendable income! YES! lol. For 9 years we have sent so much money to ASU, whatever shall we do now? lol. We're thinking maybe we'll buy a motorcycle.....or a boat.....or a motorhome...or season tickets to ballgames, who knows!
For 5 years. THEN we make a decision when we both retire on how much (summer) time we will spend in each of our childrens areas. Summer in Arizona is brutal - summer in Chicago and Boston is beautiful - it's a no-brainer! So we'll get through 5 years - coming up with a new pastime!
Here's some pictures of yesterday! Enjoy!
1 comment:
Great blog and love the pics. Yes it was a good day and we both really enjoyed it. So nice to be together with you for those 2 months. Life does change, but that is what makes us grow. At least you will probably be in AZ during the months we are there.
Post a Comment