We just got back from 12 days in Boston and had a blast. It wasn't too long, we got to hang out a lot and get to know the North Attleboro way of life. It's nice. I think we both secretly hoped we wouldn't like it but it was the opposite - what a nice town. It was so much nicer than I expected - even though I didn't know what to expect. It's comfortable, the people are very nice, and it's a place that just makes you smile. If you click on the first picture of Boston you can see the rest of them in picassa.
So now it's July and I'm back to work. I wondered how I would feel this year - it's all such a new life. For 27 years I have been mom and loved every single minute of it. Not that I'm not a mom anymore, I just don't have my beautiful angels around me the entire time. Now they are both living thousands of miles away - it's all so new. I am so proud of them - and so happy for them. There is no way I could be anything else. It's just so different. My friend is going through the same thing and she said you just have to plan the next trip so you know when you will visit again - and that's what we are doing and it does help. I'm still mom, just not the one that gets to call them up and see if they want to go shopping, out to dinner, go to a movie, etc.
It's a darn good thing that I like Bob so much! lol. I can totally see why some marriages don't last at this point in their life - you'd better still like each other! Raising the girls, Bob and I always seemed to take time for us, but the girls definitely had most of our time and attention. That's the way we wanted to raise them. It paid off - they grew up to be independent, loving, caring individuals. Now it's just a little bit more about us. Brings us back to 1978, well sort of, a few things have changed...haha.
Now onward. I want a dog, I don't want a dog. I want a dog, I want a dog.....But I understand why I don't have a dog. That's the hard part. I actually just want Mo. haha. I miss him terribly but our grass is growing nicely and I don't have to clean my kitchen floor as much. I still would rather have him here. What a personality he puts into your life. I will get a Mo someday, and it will be the right day and time, just not yet. We have to move onward right now and figure everything out.
We are planning our trips - Prescott to bike, LA to see Brenda/Amy and look at Malibu places, Chicago for a wedding (and of course to see J & J!), and that's all before November. Wedding plans (June 19th) are all getting set, plans are being finalized and I'm sure it will be here before we know it.
Hope you all have had a nice summer so far. Ours is just hot now. We'll be getting out of town as much as possible on these hot hot weekends. Tata for now!
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
12 years ago
2 comments:
See ME!?! Yipeee! ;-)
Just get a damn dog already! It will aaaaaaalllll be better, I promise!
sounds like a busy time in your life. thanks for the update. you sound as busy as we are!! hahahaha
Post a Comment