May-June Update

So May has passed and we are into June - time is sure flying as usual. May is always a crazy month for me. There is so much to do in the last month of school, most of it on the computer, fitting in helping students. The last thing I ever want to do is come home and hang out on the computer - hence no blogging for awhile. Well, schools done for the kids, I have a few more days of work - much needed at the end of the year to clean my room and get ready for the next group of seniors.

We had an addition to our home this month. Tiffany (and MO) are living with us for the summer until around the time school starts for her. It's giving her a few months to save money and its giving us a great time. I honestly think I could have a huge house - like 10000 sq. ft. and have both my kids and their other half live with us. I love the fact that my children have grown up as nice people that I like to be around. They have both chosen to be with someone that I also love being around. How lucky are we - that just doesn't happen all the time. When I hear of parents irritated with their adult children I feel so sorry for them.

Turning the big one on my birthday this year is also giving me some thoughts. It does not bother me one bit though. I don't feel like I'm getting too old, or sad in any sense. 30 was weird but since then I haven't thought much about age. It is different though now that the 40s are done and I have to say that next number. Now I will say, the fact that I will be celebrating my birthday in Hawaii - yes Hawaii - certainly helps!! Good friends of ours called and said "wanna go" and we jumped on it. We will be going with Tiff's godparents, Laurie and Brian and will have a complete blast I'm sure. We just talked about our next travel adventure about a month ago and decided to go to Hawaii next spring break. Well this opportunity came up and it was a no brainer to say yes.

When we return, we will be saying goodbye to Tiff for 3 weeks as she goes to Boston to pick up Kyle and then they fly together to Greece to be with Jenni and Justin for 10 days. No doubt having the time of their life I'm sure.

I'll post more when i have the Hawaii pictures.

No comments: